The company is a leader in its field and has grown rapidly since its launch when it was spun-out of its long-established parent company. It has successfully developed its own ‘best-in-class’ platform for delivering online research and now seeks to take this to another level by expanding its team of developers.
By joining this fast-growing firm at this exciting stage, you have the opportunity to play a key role in its development. The role offers an opportunity to join a growing team of developers and a chance to work with and learn from a highly skilled team.
You will have a minimum of 5 years’ software development with at least 2 years using Ruby. In this role you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of new and existing web, mobile web and mobile app business-critical applications.
This position is for someone who will be a key member of the team and ensure timely completion of tasks from detailed specification documents with clear project objectives and deliverables.
Experience and Skills
- Ruby on Rails – Minimum 2 years’ development experience to be demonstrated
- MySQL – database management and development including SQL and query analysis
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Linux – basic server management
- Proficient in secure coding principles
- Experience of working both independently and as part of a small team
- Ability to prioritise and organise your own tasks
- A strong sense of responsibility and adherence to ethical coding and development practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and willingness to suggest new or alternate methods or technologies to the team and take ownership of them
- Past experience of remote working
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- App development
The role is flexible and can be considered for remote working, provided you are based in the UK and are able to work from Head Office for a minimum of 2 days per month.
To apply send CV and covering letter to Pam Taylor, FlexMR, Shoreline Business Park, Sandside, Milnthorpe, Cumbria LA7 7BF. Alternatively, telephone 015395 65455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.